Course open to all undergrad students of Catholic University of Paraná. The purpose is to engage them with multidisciplinary projects.
Syllabus: Typology of design thinking, wicked problems, co-creation, grassroots design, participatory design, design livre, multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Create viable projects from different people’s desires and needs
- Collaborate with experts from many disciplines
- Deal with wicked problems in an ethical manner
- Bear the typical contradictions that rise from complexity
- Research user behavior
- Prototype experiences using low-tech tools
- Use the whole body in the creation of products and services
- Critically reflect on design methodologies
|Design methodologies: creation, analysis, synthesis, space of possibilities, differences between process and method, project freedom, design by non-designers, typology of design thinking.||1, 3, 8|
|Challenges and techniques for collaboration: sketching in groups, brainstorming, bodystorming, gamestorming, design games, conceptual models, affinity diagrams, collaborative tools in the Internet.||2, 4|
|User research to frame innovation opportunities: activity system, contradictions, differences between needs and desires, ethnographic studies, evidence sorting, insight generation from research.||5|
|Experience prototyping: paper prototyping, theater techniques, storyboards, ludic scenarios with puppets, video narratives, user testing.||6, 7|
Methodology: reading and discussing texts, collaboration exercises and prototyping in the classroom, field studies, project development.
Evaluation procedures: classroom participation, project evaluation according to quality measures and ethic principles.
Duration: 45 hours in 4 months.